Wednesday 4 November 2015

Three Baby Cards

Hi everyone, welcome back! So a few weeks ago I was asked to create three baby cards for some expecting parents. I was a little worried at first as I have never actually made a baby card before. The lady was good enough to anticipate this and she gave me two unmounted rubber stamps to use on these cards. In the end I was quite pleased with how they turned out.



The first one I made is for a couple who are waiting till the birth to find out the gender so I decided to go with  a yellow card. I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento so I could colour it with my Promarkes, using some Prismacolour pencils to add extra shading and texture to the fur. The other elements on the card are from an scapbooking set I found, which has lots of cute cut-outs and stickers. With some tiny string beads I made the super cute cloud mobile. Lots of cream and yellow card were layered to form the base with all the little pieces stuck on top using sticky pads. I finished it off with a double layered bow with a polka-dot heart charm in the center.



For the second card I used several more elements from the scrapbooking set. For the background I used a piece of scrapbookng paper that looks like a quilt and the letter blocks and toys I cut from other pieces of paper in the set. I even used a paper frame that was included but added two layers of tiny lace ribbon around the outer edge for some soft detail. I stamped and coloured the image in the same way as my first card and finished it off with some adorable baby footprint ribbon and a spotty button. This card is for the soon-to-be parents that are having a little boy.



This last card is also for a couple expecting a baby boy so I went with shades of blue and added lots of lace, string beads and ribbon for a, sort of old-fashioned nursery feel. To compliment the baby's spotty romper I used card and ribbon with lots of polka-dots on. A big double layered bow and large baby blue button completed the card which I think has a slightly vintage look to it.

And that's that for my latest card order. I'm all caught up now but I expect I'll be getting quite a few more on the run up till Christmas. Still I have my card classes to keep me busy in the meantime. I hope you like these cards and thank you for stopping by. Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adele, did you get the message about sponsoring Quirky in November? I have emailed and messaged on facebook.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adele, did you get the message about sponsoring Quirky in November? I have emailed and messaged on facebook.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete