Monday 6 July 2015

'A special gift' - Christmas in July!


Hello everyone! I back with another Christmas card using my newly designed super sweet penguin couple, Percy and Lilly. For this card I have used the 'A special gift' digi, which is one of three new designs featuring the couple that I created for this years Christmas in July.


First I printed the digi onto white neenah card and coloured it using my promarkers adding details and shading with my prisma colors. Then I die cut the image, using a red fine-liner to add some stitch detail all the way around the edge. Then I was  able to shade the snow around their feet and add some Stickles glitter to the snow and the trim on their hats. I then layered this onto another die cut of burgundy card which I also added a stitch detail to with a white gelpen.
The card itself is 17 x 17cm which I layerd more burgundy card, gold and a light brown snowflake patterned paper on to. I stamped a rectangle piece of brown card with Pine Needles Distress Ink using a large stamp filled with Christmas related words and phrases. This was mounted on some red and brown gingham paper and positioned to one side of the card.
Then I taped down overlapping red and green ribbon onto the background which I had already accented with more red stitching. On top of this, secured onto the card with foam pads I positioned the main image. I finished the card off with a large layered bow with a button center and some green Dewdrops and red gems. 

Well that's it, I hope you like it! I will also be teaching a class at J.B-Crafting Supplies (facebook.com/julie.bradwell) where we will be making this card. All my digis are available on my etsy shop (etsy.com/uk/shop/JiggeryMakery). Please keep an eye on the Facebook page (facebook.com/jiggerymakery) for Christmas games and giveaways all this month! Come back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment